It’s that time of year again when the weather starts to cool down and you start thinking about turning on your furnace. But before you do, it is important to make sure that your heating and cooling system is in good working order. Here are a few signs that it might be time to call a Vernon Hills Heating and Cooling professional:
1. Your furnace is more than 10 years old. This is the average lifespan of a furnace, so if yours is getting up there in age, it’s probably not as efficient as it used to be.
2. You’ve noticed an increase in your energy bills. This could be due to your furnace working harder to heat your home.
3. Your home isn’t as comfortable as it used to be. If you find yourself adjusting the thermostat more often than usual, it could be a sign that your furnace isn’t working as efficiently as it should.
4. Your furnace is making strange noises. If you hear banging, popping, or other strange noises coming from your furnace, it’s definitely time to call a professional.
5. There has been a sudden drop in indoor air quality. If you notice that the air in your home feels stuffy or stale, it could be because your furnace’s air filter is dirty or clogged.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call a Vernon Hills heating and cooling professional for an inspection. They can help you troubleshoot the problem and make sure that your furnace is ready for the winter ahead. Contact Allied Air Conditioning & Heating Corporation – Libertyville today.